Why become a member? ×

Sold - please remove

Here are two excellent Sontronics STC1 cardioid condenser instrument microphones complete with their mounting clips and foam Pop shields in excellent/as new condition.
I have two for sale.

One is in its wooden presentation box at £55. The other is just in a zip up (Shure) mic.bag, and I'm asking £49 for that one

I bought the pair to do some recording with on my Boss BR1600CD recorder - (also up for sale!)and they give excellent, clear results. Useful switching to give two frequencies of “Bass cut”, and you can reduce the output level with a switch as well. I absolutely agree with the first paragraph of the manufacturers write up below which I copied from their website.
Don’t forget it’s a condenser mic, so it needs 48 volts to run it – your mixer desk or PA may well be able to provide it via the “Phantom Power” switching option – so do check it out.

They retail in stores at around £100-£120, but you can buy them for £55 for the one in its presentation case & £49 for the one in ithe mic. bag - plus postage.

More information on the microphone below, but you can also visit the manufacturer’s website at :-

www.sontronics.com

[i]The STC-1 is perfectly suited to recording instruments of any kind, as a drum overhead or for simply capturing room ambience. Thanks to its three-stage filter and pad switches, the STC-1 is one of the most flexible microphones in its class.
The STC-1 comes in a luxury, velvet-lined wooden box with a mounting clip and windshield, and it is compatible with the Sontronics OMNI and HYPER capsules, available separately.
This is the Silver STC-1 with a brushed nickel finish.
TECHNICAL DATA
• Response: 25Hz - 20kHz
• Sensitivity: 12mV/Pa -36dB ±2dB (0dB = 1V/Pa 1,000Hz)
• Polar pattern: Cardioid
• Impedance: ≤200 Ohms
• Equivalent noise level: 16dB (A-weighted)
• Max SPL (for 0.5% THD @ 1,000Hz): 137dB [/i]

Edited by Stompbox