Why become a member? ×

Lakland Skyline JO5

DMX

It is with much regret that I'm having to sell my Skyline JO 5-string to help fund my final year at university.

I bought it new about 5 years ago, and the serial number suggests a 2005 build so it's an original spec with the Fralin pickups. I've also upgraded it with a push-pull tone knob for series/parallel switching and a black 3-ply pickguard made by SIMS (original mint white PG will be included in the sale).

I would describe the condition as well-played but well looked after. For much of the time I've owned it it's been my only bass, so it's been played pretty much every day and has therefore picked up a bit of wear - no major knocks, but some light surface scratches/hazing and a few tiny dents on the back and bottom. The control plate also has a few scratches. I've tried to show the general condition in the photos attached, and I think have done a decent job.

The frets also show it's been played but are not worn to any great extent. The only other thing worthy of note is a slight rough patch on the back of the neck where the finished doesn't seem to have smoothed out through playing as much as the rest of the neck. I don't notice it when I'm playing but thought it should be mentioned.

I will also include an SKB hardcase in the sale, and am looking for £650. I would prefer pick up from Oxford or Banbury as arranging posting could be a bit tricky, but will consider it if necessary. I'll also consider personal delivery or meeting halfway if it's not too far.

Any questions then feel free to ask,

David

No, it's an earlier model so hasn't been plekked like the latest ones.

I'd really prefer collection since I'll find it difficult to arrange a courier in the next few weeks, but if you're prepared to pay for shipping I can look into it.

[quote name='slapierro' post='1330119' date='Aug 6 2011, 05:51 PM']fully interested, is that been pleked?
is a shipping possible?
thanks[/quote]

I've got a 2004 Skyline JO 5 and this has not have been pleked to my knowledge, however the action is the lowest I've had that is playable with virtually no fretbuzz. The fairly flat radius of the fingerboard helps with this. If you watch on Youtube [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFv110t7brs"]HERE[/url] and [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NhG2S056ag&feature=related"]HERE[/url] it show the setup of the Lakland factory. The Skylines that were made before 2008 (Korean manufacture) had hand finished fretjobs anyhow, like I said my action is as low as I'd want it and I do like a low action, hope this helps you make up your mind :)

ps. Have a bump on me!

Edited by jimbobothy

The bass is still available for sale with both pickguards, and if bought in the next week I can get it couriered if required. After that there might be a bit of a delay if you need it delivered.

I've also weighed it and it comes in at around 4.5kg