Why become a member? ×

KEF Cara Speakers + Atacama stands

I hope this doesnt push the boundaries of "other musically related stuff" as they are technically HiFi speakers but hey ho, worth a punt!

I need to shift these close to being vintage early 1990's KEF speakers. The guy i bought them off was the original owner and he told me they were around £250 / £300 new and the Atacama sandbag filled stands were around £80.

I found some bumpf on an ebay auction which went for £30 with no stands. You would have to pick them up as the stands weigh a ton. If someone only wanted the speakers, i could post them out as they aint too heavy.

Slight tear in the ABR false speaker dust cover but as this isnt a proper speaker, just a woofer of sorts its no problem and has been glued back down. They work perfectly and sound fantastic! I just dont need a big pair of speakers when i have a little pair of B&W's :)

PS.. sorry about the large photos, shall get rid of em if needed and try make them smaller.

Description: D’appolito design SP1192 tweet(The tweeter was use in Roger LS59) with 8” SP1193 woofers and 8” passive.

Frequency response: 20hz-22khz +/- 2db. In room: about 15hz-22khz.

Efficiency: 92 db 1w/1 meter

Impedence: 8 ohms 100 Watt

Tweeter: they are accurate and flat up to 22khz, matched within 0.5 db of each other. Model: SP1192 1" Impregnated fabric dome

Woofers: The bass is fast, tight, and very deep. 8" paper

Cara´s were manufactured starting in 1986 for Lasky's, a now defunct UK Audio chain-store.

The model number for the Caras is SP3076, and they have a normal woofer, and bellow that an ABR ( passive radiator ).

Edited by longtimefred