Why become a member? ×

I'm really flabbergasted...

karlbbb

[quote name='karlbbb' post='153290' date='Mar 7 2008, 07:25 PM']Has anyone had any experience with the new 2 pickup OLP's? The MM32 (5 string) looks the mutts nuts and comes in the budget price.[/quote]

I tried the OLP MM32 (isn't the 5 string the MM33?)

For the £265 they wanted for it, it was really very nice. If it'd had a Maple fretboard, I'd have snapped it up.
Plenty of tones on offer, too, so if you wanted to play a different genre of music with it, it could probably accomodate you.

(For those of you unfamliar with the 32 & 33, they're Active, Basswood-Bodied Musicman Sabre clones with 2xMM HB and a 3 band EQ, plus a volume control.
There's also a 5- way switch which gives you all the coils, the outer coils, the inner coils, Neck HB and Bridge HB.)

If you can find one, give it a try. The OLPs I've played have been a pleasant surprise, and certainly match Squier's current offerings (Yes, even the VMs!)

[quote name='Lfalex v1.1' post='170126' date='Apr 5 2008, 09:15 AM']I tried the OLP MM32 (isn't the 5 string the MM33?)[/quote]

I think it's MM2 for the single pup 4, and MM3 for the single pup fiver, and MM22 and MM32 for the twin pup versions