Why become a member? ×

SVT610 - only the tweeter is working!

mike257

Hey guys,

Mid rehearsal this week, my SVT610HLF conked out, there was nothing coming out at all until I turned up the tweeter (which is usually all the way down) - the tweeter still seems to be working fine but the drivers aren't doing anything.

Checked my head with another cab to be certain of course :)

I've popped the board out the back and am going to give all the components a test as soon as I have time, but if anybody has got any prior experience of this and can suggest a likely cause, go for it :)

Cheers,

Mike

As the speakers are wired direct to the jack/speakons (ie. not through any crossover) I would more likely check the wiring to the first/top two speakers as they are the first link in the series parallel chain.
I would find it unlikely that all the speakers are shot. The speakers are wired as three series pairs in parallel, so even if one went O/C you would still get the other four working.

Edited by goingdownslow

Cheers mate! Need to go pinch the multimeter from my work van before my next visit to the practice room! I'll give that a try - I couldn't come up with a logical reason for all 6 speakers to give up at once, so hopefully there's just some wiring been shaken loose by the massive riffs. Will drop back in when I've tested and let you know how it goes.