Why become a member? ×

Switchblade type unit + question

civictiger

Hey guys

So im looking into something that does the same thing as a Sound Sculpture Switchblade.

If im correct, the 16 inputs obviously get signals from the pedals.. So,
Pedal 1 > Input 1
Pedal 2 > Input 2
Pedal 3 > Input 3
But what about the outputs? where do they go?
& what about loops? I notice a lot of bassists racks consist of loops, they dont just plug each pedal into an input like this switchblade kinda thing.

Also, lets say all the pedals have their own input on the Switchblade, and I got patch 1 to run: 1 > 2 > 3 > output to amp, could I then have another patch to run: 3 > 1 > 2 > output to amp?
And to make it even more complicated, could I run: 1 > 2 > 3 > amp1 via output 8, and then run: 2 > 1 > 3 > amp2 via output 9?

Sorry for all the question.. I think I have it right but I just want some insight on this.

& does anyone know of a cheaper version of this, from a different manufacturer?

Edited by civictiger

I've never really looked at one of these until now.
From what I can see the 8B has 8 ins & 8 outs (numbered 1-8) & the GL has 16 so I'd suspect that pedal 1 would have it's out & in go to the input 1 & output 1 on the switchblade.
Adding in a loop would be your decision on where to put it & experimenting with one would let you know where suits you.

As for your other Qs, I've no idea :)