Why become a member? ×

Samock P-bass

lee4

I've been offered a Samick P-bass as a spare by the guitar player in my band.It needs a set up and some new control knobs.
I've hardly ever played a P-bass let alone a Samick and I was wondering if they are any good.It would replace my Warwick $$ that I am trying to sell(see my advert)and be
used along side my Status Groove.

No reason at all why it shouldn't be a good bass, Samick make some nice stuff. However as AB points out, I'm not sure that it's a step up from a $$. Try it out and see, a good bass doesn't have to cost the earth, I've played some gorgeous sub £300 basses that knock some £1000 ones into a cocked hat.

its not going to be as good as a $$ in a million years. if you want to replace it with a p bass get a decent quality fender or a sandberg or something. i havent played the samick, but im pretty sure that youd regret getting rid of you $$ for it.

[quote name='lwtait' post='153580' date='Mar 8 2008, 01:04 PM']its not going to be as good as a $$ in a million years. if you want to replace it with a p bass get a decent quality fender or a sandberg or something. i havent played the samick, but im pretty sure that youd regret getting rid of you $$ for it.[/quote]
I find 24 fret necks uncomfy now,so 20 frets are ideal,but the $$ has a great tone though.Regrets,I'd have a few,but then again,too few to mention(sorry Frank)...