Why become a member? ×

Line6 HD750

jamiesonk666

[quote name='jamiesonk666' post='1321147' date='Jul 30 2011, 10:46 AM']Good morning, Has any one used or own a Line 6 HD750 bass head. Is it any good??[/quote]

I know some people on here like them but my experience of them has been pretty dire - I owned one for less than 24 hours and just took it back.

The memory function is probably good if you like gimmicks, but lets face it, most bass players tend to leave their amp settings alone once they've got the sound they like and make minor tweaks to suit the venue.
The built in effects were lacking in subtlety and the manufacturers claim of 750W appears to be based on an obscure measurement criteria - I was having to run the thing much harder than the old Hartke 250W amp I replaced.

If you're looking for a powerful amp on a budget then take a look at the Hartke stuff or stretch the budget a little bit further and look at the Peavey range.

I returned two HD400s for appalling build quality/lack of quality control.

They both leaked some kind of white, possibly thermal, paste through the rear vents. The second one, although delivered in a sealed, totally undamaged box was totally bent out of shape in a manner that looked like it left the factory that way. It had no obvious marks of an impact but the chassis was severely twisted in one corner.

I didn't have a cab at the time so couldn't really test then out but the features did seem pretty cool. I am normally all for buying off t'web but these definitely fall into the try/closely inspect before you buy category.