Why become a member? ×

Effects loop

rmshaw37

This has all come about through my need for a 40hz eq setting!

I use a bi amped RBI and rpm set up with 2 speaker cabs, if I send the crunchy mids setting of the RBI through the effects loop into the clean low and high of the rpm, can I adjust the level of the mid crunch and just use 1 DI and cab?

Will it give me a mash up of the 2 or will it still sound like it does through the dual rig?

Hope you understand what I'm getting at! Cheers

I think (and I mean I think, but don't know) that your latter thoughts would be the most likely.

It does depend on if your loop is pre or post & if it merges with the original signal.
The LMII has an internal jumper to have it so that the loop is or isn't merged with the original signal.

I think it's going to be a suck it and see - considering an ampeg head to replace the power amp and rpm, but it's only cause I miss that 40 hz really low quality! The 80hz works well in the studio where they cut below that anyway, but my 15" cab seems to add that magic frequency that doesn't see the PA!

IE stage sound is spot on, front of house doesn't quite have the same power!

Cheers