Why become a member? ×

BBE Sonic Stomp

Jag_Bassist

Does anyone use one of these currently? really digging what i can hear on youtube not sure weither to go for one

if i do it might be to replace my Sansamp Bass driver ... i love it but the tone im after seems acheivable with the sonic stomp much easier and i never use it for the DI function

I quite extensively use the SansAmp BDDI, used to own the Sonic Stomp, and to be honest really can't equate the two in any way.

I tried to like the BBE, but the fact is that I could hardly tell when it was turned on! I tried it in just about every configuration possible, and even loaned it to one of our guitarists to see if he could hear something I couldn't, but he was equally underwhelmed. I stuck it on eBay and haven't missed it.

I've used stereo rack (line level) Sonic Maxi's before and found them to be quite handy, and likewise own the BBE B-max rack preamp which has one built in and seems to make decent use of it, but from my experience I couldn't recommend the pedal format.

[quote name='Ed_S' post='1319263' date='Jul 28 2011, 01:15 PM']I quite extensively use the SansAmp BDDI, used to own the Sonic Stomp, and to be honest really can't equate the two in any way.

I tried to like the BBE, but the fact is that I could hardly tell when it was turned on! I tried it in just about every configuration possible, and even loaned it to one of our guitarists to see if he could hear something I couldn't, but he was equally underwhelmed. I stuck it on eBay and haven't missed it.

I've used stereo rack (line level) Sonic Maxi's before and found them to be quite handy, and likewise own the BBE B-max rack preamp which has one built in and seems to make decent use of it, but from my experience I couldn't recommend the pedal format.[/quote]

thats quite weird from a guy i have seen on youtube, he sets both dials at 12 and it makes his jazz sound very nice similar tone to justin chancellor of tool's tone

[quote name='Jag_Bassist' post='1319439' date='Jul 28 2011, 04:01 PM']thats quite weird from a guy i have seen on youtube, he sets both dials at 12 and it makes his jazz sound very nice similar tone to justin chancellor of tool's tone[/quote]

I guess that's why the phrase "your mileage may vary" is so widely used :) It did absolutely nothing for me, but might be everything you want/need given the equipment you play and the sound you're hunting.