Why become a member? ×

Yamaha APX500 electroacoustic 6-string

Well, a couple of bargains from these parts are getting me back into playing bass again, so I'm thinking I'll go back to just one electroacoustic. Bought this not long ago, needed a bit of a clean, setup, new strings etc which I've done, now plays very nicely (action's a shade on the high side but that's mainly due to me fitting it with 13s, slap some 12s on there and it'll be back down low enough for dusty-end fingerpicking; personally I was simply going for a big open-chord strumming machine, in which capacity it's currently superb).

Very good condition, one tiny dink on the front of the body and one on the back of the neck around the 6th fret (both too small to photograph) and a larger dink on the rear of the headstock (pictured). Aside from that it's very clean and tidy, preamp's got a built-in tuner which I'm REALLY going to miss when I go back to just my Tanglewood; plugged it in at an open mic night last week and was very pleasantly surprised, not a 'Martin with LR Baggs' type sound but more than serviceable and the preamp EQ's very good.

Pics:

Be looking at £150 or thereabouts for this, which seems to be the going eBay rate; for collection I'm Birmingham/Staffordshire way, or could post it (I've got a slightly damaged Gator acoustic hardcase, which is actually for a dreadnaught but I could bubblewrap the Yam securely into it, which'd keep the thing more protected for shipping; would throw that in for another £20).

Great little electro, but can't justify the amount of gear I've got coming in without SOMETHING going out!