Why become a member? ×

FS/FT: Peavey T-Max Head

Bought this recently out of curiosity.

Was after one about a year ago but they were going for about £250 last year and I didn't want to pay that much. Since then I bought my Trace head and fell in love with it. Then I saw one come up for £125 recently and snapped it up. Its a really good sounding, versatile amp and a bit lighter than my Trace head but I just prefer the sound of my Trace and the Peavey's a bit over-spec'd for a backup amp.

Will trade/PX for a very small, lightweight amp to use as a backup. Minimum 250W at 4Ohms.

Would consider selling for what I paid, which was £125.

Not in a great hurry to sell.

Here's some blurb:
A late 90's classic solid state solid state pro amp c/w valve preamp on the front end that can can be switched in/out or mixed, I have owned this amp for around 5 years with a an Ashdown 4x10 cabinet(not included but selling in a seperate auction) and although it does have various cosmetic marks this is a fantastic sounding amp .See spec below:

Dimensions 4"h X 19"W X 15"D (two rack space)
Wattage 500W @ 2 ohm load, 350W @ 4ohm load
Effects foot switchable effects loop w/high - low pad
Controls pre & gain, ch 1 (tube) gain, ch 2 (trans) master volume, crossover control
Other
direct low Z out w/ground lift switch and pre/post EQ

Condition
Not in mint condition, with scratches and bumps and the plastic on the knobs a bit beat-up but everything works as it should and nothing is falling off. Check out the pics.