Why become a member? ×

pickup I.D help

chrisd24

I recently brought a set of jazz pu's from another bc'er that were advertised as U.S fender jazz pickups but i have no idea where there from

They have raised pole pieces at the A and D strings and seperate magnets at the base,i had a meter on them and the bridge measures 5.6k and the neck 5.3k any ideas?

Edited by chrisd24

[quote name='Beer of the Bass' post='1313563' date='Jul 23 2011, 09:37 AM']That looks like it has ceramic magnets on the bottom. I thought the US Fender pickups (the standard ones, at least) were all alnico magnets. I could be wrong about that though, as I'm not a fender expert.[/quote]

Hmm you may be right,also these pickups attract each other,aren't they meant to repel?

[quote name='chrisd24' post='1313566' date='Jul 23 2011, 09:39 AM']Hmm you may be right,also these pickups attract each other,aren't they meant to repel?[/quote]
Depends which way round you hold them! Most jazz sets have one pickup reverse wound and reverse polarity, so like faces will attract each other.

[quote name='Beer of the Bass' post='1313571' date='Jul 23 2011, 09:47 AM']Depends which way round you hold them! Most jazz sets have one pickup reverse wound and reverse polarity, so like faces will attract each other.[/quote]

Hehe,yeah but I'm holding them face to face which I always thought should repel?

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='Soloshchenko' post='1339102' date='Aug 13 2011, 08:55 PM']If it's any help they look almost identical to my Fender Mexican Jazz pickups. The rubber strips on the bottom are the same and they have the same shape with the covers off. I'mnot saying they aren't American, they just look similar.[/quote]

after just google image searching for "mexican jazz pickup" it would appear thats exactly what they are!