Why become a member? ×

Strings for roots/rockabilly

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='1311537' date='Jul 21 2011, 01:59 PM']Yes I did, I've spent the last 12 months very slowly and gradually recovering from it an I still get the occasional mild flare-up and I have to be careful about over-use. I hadn't considered that benefit actually, very good point.

The weird thing is the surface of the string though, it's not at all smooth, feels very weird under my fingers. Hopefully they'll smooth off over time as I play them?[/quote]
Combination of sweat,oils and finger pressure should do that, similar to flats on an electric - gotta say my perception is that Slaps are fairly smooth (only slightly rough with a bit of friction, which is useful)

Went out and busked for a couple of hours this afternoon and I was glad I put these strings on - my two picking fingers are pretty sore all over and the steels would've made matters much worse.

I think they sound better on my bass than the steels did too. They were a bit wolfy in the lower regions but these are more open sounding. And slapped they sound great, exactly the sort of sound I wanted.

Thanks again guys. :)

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='1314118' date='Jul 23 2011, 07:19 PM']Went out and busked for a couple of hours this afternoon and I was glad I put these strings on - my two picking fingers are pretty sore all over and the steels would've made matters much worse.

I think they sound better on my bass than the steels did too. They were a bit wolfy in the lower regions but these are more open sounding. And slapped they sound great, exactly the sort of sound I wanted.

Thanks again guys. :)[/quote]
Nice one, TNIT. Glad its worked out :)

• 4 weeks later...

just read this thread with great interest , im using LaBella super nils at the mo , but there knackered now , been on 10 years,
so was on the look out , i was torn between rotosounds or SSSlaps, or going the whole way and buying all guts from upton,
but you guys have answered all i needed to know , cant wait for them to arrive so i can get them on and tear into them ,
cheers guys
Kev

• 1 month later...