Why become a member? ×

Yamaha strings

TRBboy

I've had quite a few Yamaha basses, and I always like the stock strings that they have fitted. They sound great (if you're into bright roundwounds), and they seem to last for ages. I had a look online, but no-one seems to stock Yamaha bass strings except Thomann.

So I called Yamaha yesterday, because I figured that it's unlikely that they're made by Yamaha, they're probably by one of the major string manufacturers.

It turns out that they're made by D'addario for Yamaha, and as they're stainless steel, they must be D'addario Prosteels, which is what I've been using lately anyway!

I've seen Yamaha's own brand strings for sale once or twice before (though i think they are from a while ago!) but, the strings from my Yamaha Attitude and the new BB424 i played both had Nickel strings from the factory? Maybe they were one off for the period of time or something, but totally checking out the D'addario Prosteels as i loved those strings!