Why become a member? ×

Using Movie Maker 2.6 (-.-)

raj_1995

Hello all, first post here (:

Recently I have been able to borrow a camera and decided to record/upload some covers to YouTube. I have been using Windows Movie Maker 2.6 to produce the final products, as even though I am running Windows 7, I didn't want to download the latest Movie Maker from Microsoft's website as I don't like the new version of Windows Live Messenger which is automatically updated.

My technique to record is play the song through my headphones, whilst recording the video, with the amp turned up loud enough for me to hear with the plugs in. Then in Movie Maker I add the MP3 file of the song.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtT0t3WRut8"]Velvet Revolver - Set Me Free (cover) [/url]

The main issue I have is syncing the video to the audio file, the video posted above is the only one I have recorded that I have been able to sync to a reasonable degree. I did this by pressing the record button on the camera and the play button on Media Player simultaneously. However I have not been able to repeat this since.

If anyone has any suggestions on alternative techniques or programs (preferably free) that would make creating decent covers a simpler task, I would be very grateful (:

Many Thanks