Why become a member? ×

Gone Thanks

cd_david

I have a black one of these. They play wonderfully and have a great sound, plenty of middle, even with the P pup solo'd. They seem to have a lot more grunt than other PJs, not sure why, pup placement, freq centres of roll off? Anyway it works. :)

Good luck with the sale

Leo

Edited by LeoFender

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='LeoFender' post='1313517' date='Jul 23 2011, 08:15 AM']I have a black one of these. They play wonderfully and have a great sound, plenty of middle, even with the P pup solo'd. They seem to have a lot more grunt than other PJs, not sure why, pup placement, freq centres of roll off? Anyway it works. :)

Good luck with the sale

Leo[/quote]
x2 - Black sparkle version and they play and sound a lot better than many of the more expensive basses I've had. Did a wee gig recently where off the cuff we decided to do a few extra unrehearsed songs with a boy taking bass as I took guitar. At the end, the guy said that he was surprised at the sound and feel of the Yam and was thinking of selling his 'pro-bass' to pay for a holiday and he would get a Yam!

[quote name='LeoFender' post='1313517' date='Jul 23 2011, 08:15 AM']I have a black one of these. They play wonderfully and have a great sound, plenty of middle, even with the P pup solo'd. They seem to have a lot more grunt than other PJs, not sure why, pup placement, freq centres of roll off? Anyway it works. :)

Good luck with the sale

Leo[/quote]

Tried one this week for the first time. Absolutely awesome basses. It out P basses most P basses in my opinion.