Why become a member? ×

Hello There!!!!

slimbo77

Hi folks,

Just joined the forum and wanted to introduce myself. Hoping to find some tips, advice, chat, motivation, etc here... hopefully this is the right place.

A bit about me first then...

Been playing bass for about 10 years. Started off playing guitar when I was about 14 (still play a bit of accoustic). Converted to bass after our bass player left our band. Was only meant to be stepping in until we found someone else, but I got totally into the bass and never looked back. By and large, I'm self taught. I studied Bass at college for a year, but fell behind on the theory, as I had never formally studied music at any level prior to it.

GEAR:
Warwick Streamer Stage II
(gigging) Ashdown MAG C-210 (the old combo with 4 x 10" + tweeter)
(practise) Ashdown 'After 8'

Also have an old Bass Collection from way back when, which still sounds really good, but never really play much. And a Fretless Aria Pro II - which has seen better days. Never really played either.

I love all kinds of music, but mostly play rock when gigging - although when playing at home, it's mostly funk/soul and I'm starting to try my hand at some Jazz (never thought I'd see the day!). But I really play anything that really grabs me. Right now, I can't get enough of the Blockheads!!!

I'm looking for advice on branching out onto the double bass - finding tutors; choosing the right instrument; People to get into etc - but I guess I'll start another thread on this... For now, just want to say Hi to everyone... and I'm always looking for great music I've never heard before - so if anyone has any reccomendations...

Anyway... Look forward to hearing from folks...

Seeya
S ^_^