Why become a member? ×

John East DJ Retro-01 preamp

Excellent condition, mounted on plate and ready to go. In original box.

I bought it for a project, but I decided it's the MMSR I should really go for...

Looking for £120 including delivery.

Pictures to follow.

Edited by mcnach

The model advertised is the 'DJ' or Daryl Jones which means it has the offset plate as featured on the Lakland model bearing the same name.

It is identical to the J-Retro 01 but would need to be mounted on a standard bell plate (2 holes would be needed for the switches). I would also recommend measuring the cavity on the Squier to make sure it will simply drop in, unless you are happy to modify if needed.

The seller will probably tell you the same, but I thought I'd chip in :)

Stu

Thanks Stu, thats the info I was looking for.

[quote name='bleedproof' post='1305486' date='Jul 16 2011, 09:17 AM']The model advertised is the 'DJ' or Daryl Jones which means it has the offset plate as featured on the Lakland model bearing the same name.

It is identical to the J-Retro 01 but would need to be mounted on a standard bell plate (2 holes would be needed for the switches). I would also recommend measuring the cavity on the Squier to make sure it will simply drop in, unless you are happy to modify if needed.

Stu[/quote]

[quote name='bleedproof' post='1305486' date='Jul 16 2011, 09:17 AM']The model advertised is the 'DJ' or Daryl Jones which means it has the offset plate as featured on the Lakland model bearing the same name.

Stu[/quote]

What he said :lol:

(Dean already PMd etc).

Indeed, the difference is the controlplate (a bit like a normal Jazz one that was left in the back of teh car ona very hot sunny day and started to melt a bit :)) and the knobs being black/chrome rather than fully chrome.

I tried dropping it into a Jazz body I have for a project, and it does drop in ok, BUT it will not meet the pickguard properly. It may, however, fit on a Jazz that you don't put a pickguard on.

It can be mounted on a standard Jazz control plate, but two small holes will have to be drilled to house the switches. Not a hard job if you have the tools, but if not... or not sure, it's probably best to look for a J-Retro01 and save yourself some trouble.