Why become a member? ×

Shuker P5 build (2006)

OldGit

This was completed on Bassworld, transferred to basstalk for a few weeks and I tried to bring it over but I cant''t just paste itin ...
Shame

So, if you are interested in the [url="http://www.shukerguitars.co.uk/pclas.htm"]Shuker 5 String Classic Precision[/url] get in touch and I can send you the, er 16 pages of stuff :)
Or just come and play it ........

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='mr_russ' post='13770' date='Jun 7 2007, 07:44 PM']Hi - I'm thinking about having a traditional looking 5 string jazz built by John- would you be able to take a big straight on photo of the headstock for me?

cheers ;D

r[/quote]

Hum got one here somewhere ... meanwhile here's the whole thing

Ah here it is

[quote name='mr_russ' post='14208' date='Jun 8 2007, 02:25 PM']Nice one cheers ;D

I'm seriously considering asking him to build this bass for me- It's basically going to be a sunburst marcus miller 5 with a few refinements and customisations[/quote]

Well the sunburst looks even better in real life :)

I'm afraid I go all Harmony Central Review about Jon cos he did such a brilliant job on my Bass
and Doods Doodle 7 string and Rich's Jazz V
These are the three I've had personal experience of and the standard of workmanship is just exemplary

Other Luthiers are available :huh: - just to stop the fans of the others jumping on me again. Talk to JHFerret about his GB's

Anyway Jon's a fab guy as well and will bend over backwards to make the bass you want and exactly how you want it. I made him go through some pretty tough hoops but he stuck with it and put up with me and we are still mates. :huh:
I'd say that was a very importnt part of it 'cos it's a very long process and if you didn't get on it could be quite a fraught experience ...

Anyway, the best thing is to go and see him and The Wood Store (Ask tinman, he's just got back :huh:

Where are you located?
OG

[quote name='OldGit' post='14272' date='Jun 8 2007, 05:02 PM']Anyway, the best thing is to go and see him and The Wood Store (Ask tinman, he's just got back :)

OG[/quote]

I just couldn't get out! I could hear 5's and 6's calling to me from the shelves.

*The voices, the voices, they're in my head and won't go away*

[quote name='Tinman' post='14279' date='Jun 8 2007, 05:08 PM']I just couldn't get out! I could hear 5's and 6's calling to me from the shelves.

*The voices, the voices, they're in my head and won't go away*[/quote]

Hey Tinman! Welcome to the other side of the Shuker tractor beam :)

[quote name='OldGit' post='14280' date='Jun 8 2007, 05:09 PM']Hey Tinman! Welcome to the other side of the Shuker tractor beam :)[/quote]

You may joke my friend but it's got me well and truly, I've already been talking about it with Mrs T!

[quote name='Tinman' post='14286' date='Jun 8 2007, 05:16 PM']You may joke my friend but it's got me well and truly, I've already been talking about it with Mrs T![/quote]

Mr Russ, take heed and remember DON'T GO IN THE WOOD STORE or the same thing will happen to you .... :)

[quote name='OldGit' post='14289' date='Jun 8 2007, 05:19 PM']Mr Russ, take heed and remember DON'T GO IN THE WOOD STORE or the same thing will happen to you .... :)[/quote]

NO, DON'T!!! really, don't. I mean it, don't go in there ever.

Oh and did I say don't go in there.

Nice ;D I'm really only after a nice light piece of swamp ash for this one- so hopefully I'm safe!

The hardest part is working out how I want the neck-

I live in Brighton so a trek up to sheffield is quite a slog- I can't really afford to take the time off work to go up either, this is the main thing holding me back.

[quote name='mr_russ' post='14562' date='Jun 9 2007, 11:29 AM']Nice ;D I'm really only after a nice light piece of swamp ash for this one- so hopefully I'm safe!

The hardest part is working out how I want the neck-

I live in Brighton so a trek up to sheffield is quite a slog- I can't really afford to take the time off work to go up either, this is the main thing holding me back.[/quote]

"Nice ;D I'm really only after a nice light piece of swamp ash for this one- so hopefully I'm safe!"
yeah they all say that ... then the enter the Wood Store ... and suddenly things get a whole lot more complicated

"I can't really afford to take the time off work to go up either,"
No problem, He will meet you there on a Saturday, Sunday too I think ..

You see there's no escape. :)

Best thing to do is to call him up in teh week and have a chat. He really is nice and there's no hard sell or anything, just good, helpful advice

[quote name='mr_russ' post='14564' date='Jun 9 2007, 11:32 AM']ps- Bernie Goodfellow's workmanship is fantastic- he lent me a spitfire 5 for a week, I couldn't fault the build quality but it wasn't the sound in my head[/quote]

Ah well at least you know what you [i]don't[/i] want .. :)