Why become a member? ×

Fender TV

kedo

I played a Fender TV bass combo today, the little one with the 150w output and single 10" speaker. It is obviously too small for a large gig but is exactly the kind of sound I'm after. Has anyone any experience of the larger 350w combo with the 2x10" drivers. Would this stand up to a fairly large event?
Thanks
Kedo

[quote name='kedo' post='1295058' date='Jul 6 2011, 06:51 PM']I played a Fender TV bass combo today, the little one with the 150w output and single 10" speaker. It is obviously too small for a large gig but is exactly the kind of sound I'm after. Has anyone any experience of the larger 350w combo with the 2x10" drivers. Would this stand up to a fairly large event?
Thanks
Kedo[/quote]

Well funny you should ask that because I have the 15 inch version. They are certainly loud enough, as they have a 350w digital power amp going through a 4 ohm Celestion green label speaker. I've played with a loud drummer at the Voodoo Rooms and John Bruce turned up to 11 (I'm sure you'll know John) so it's more than loud enough for most gigs. Be careful though because I notice you're downsizing and selling your stack and these are hefty beasts (although they do come with wheels).
Weird thing is I've been looking for an Ashdown ABM and 15 inch cabinet so if you are in the market for a TV Bassman we could maybe do a deal. If you're interested I could bring it along to the VR jams and you could check it out in a band situation.

[quote name='gjones' post='1298872' date='Jul 10 2011, 11:41 AM']Well funny you should ask that because I have the 15 inch version. They are certainly loud enough, as they have a 350w digital power amp going through a 4 ohm Celestion green label speaker. I've played with a loud drummer at the Voodoo Rooms and John Bruce turned up to 11 (I'm sure you'll know John) so it's more than loud enough for most gigs. Be careful though because I notice you're downsizing and selling your stack and these are hefty beasts (although they do come with wheels).
Weird thing is I've been looking for an Ashdown ABM and 15 inch cabinet so if you are in the market for a TV Bassman we could maybe do a deal. If you're interested I could bring it along to the VR jams and you could check it out in a band situation.[/quote]
Hi gjones.
Thought I wasn't going to get any replies to my enquirey about the TV. I have had so much interest in selling the Ashdown rig, but nobody has committed yet. I may be interested in the deal you suggest but don't think I will get along to the Voodoo next time. I think I've had enough for the time being. Do you think the TV 1X15 is better than the 2x12 which is the one I was interested in. Are you local? have I met you at the Voodoo?

Thanks for your reply.

Jack

[quote name='kedo' post='1299120' date='Jul 10 2011, 05:22 PM']Hi gjones.
Thought I wasn't going to get any replies to my enquirey about the TV. I have had so much interest in selling the Ashdown rig, but nobody has committed yet. I may be interested in the deal you suggest but don't think I will get along to the Voodoo next time. I think I've had enough for the time being. Do you think the TV 1X15 is better than the 2x12 which is the one I was interested in. Are you local? have I met you at the Voodoo?

Thanks for your reply.

Jack[/quote]

Well I haven't tried the 2x12 so I couldn't give an informed opinion on that. I bought the TV15 after watching this video by Ed Freidland [url="http://www.youtube.com/user/BassGuitarMag#p/u/39/PMfDfVLpODw"]http://www.youtube.com/user/BassGuitarMag#p/u/39/PMfDfVLpODw[/url] It definitely provides the sound I was after and I'm very happy with it but feel I'd prefer a seperate amp and speaker rather than a combo as it's a more versatile combination.
I live in Edinburgh and I don't think we've met but I've seen you up playing at the Voodoo Rooms. You might have seen me there playing with The Dana Dixon Band or on stage with Sandy Tweeddale who's my brother 'in' Law.
The next voodoo room jam is on wednesday July 13th pity you can't make it as it would be the perfect opportunity to bring the Bassman along so you could play it at volume (Rod Kennard would probably appreciate actually playing through an amp rather than the PA too).

Hi gjones.

May go to Voodoo after all on Wednesday. Don't know what I want to do about my gear. Totally confused! Scared that whilst I find it difficult to move the stuff, I may lament the loss of such a big sound, although I struggle to get definition at times. I wonder if it is because after years of playing, I'm a bit deaf! I would be interested in hearing your Fender TV though. Look forward to meeting you if you go.

Jack