Why become a member? ×

Becoming A new bass teacher. Tips and help needed

Fender_Greg

[font="Arial"][size=3]Hey guys, I'm not far off finishing my BMus (Hons) Degree and I am looking at going into private tuition.

Starting off, how do I get CRB checked? and is it essential?

And also I have the same worry as I'm sure a lot of people do....What happens if the student asks me about something that I'm not sure about? :)

And lastly any general tips from you guys?

Thanks Bass Bro's, :)

Greg[/size][/font]

If you are self-employed, you can't currently apply for a CRB check on yourself. Only an employer or umbrella organization can apply for a check on you.

If you don't know something, don't guess.... It WILL bite you on the ass!
Simply say something like "I'm not sure about that, but I will find out for next time"

Teaching can be really rewarding but very hard at times too. You need to constantly modify your methods and your ways of explaining things coz some students will understand something and others won't. It's pretty intense to start with but it gets easier the more you do it.

Good luck!

[quote name='Fender_Greg' post='1294129' date='Jul 5 2011, 11:10 PM'][font="Arial"][size=3]Hey guys, I'm not far off finishing my BMus (Hons) Degree and I am looking at going into private tuition.

Starting off, how do I get CRB checked? and is it essential?

And also I have the same worry as I'm sure a lot of people do....What happens if the student asks me about something that I'm not sure about? :)

And lastly any general tips from you guys?

Thanks Bass Bro's, :)

Greg[/size][/font][/quote]

• 2 weeks later...