Why become a member? ×

USA G&L L2000 in Blueburst for sale or trade (for Lighter bass)

mashup

Due to a recurring back & shoulder problem i am regrettably having to sell my beloved USA G&L L2000 to fund the purchase of a lighter performance bass. I will sell for £800

I'm also willing to do a straight trade, or one with additional money either way depending on the trade. I am looking for a Status Streamline 4 in particular but will consider other Status models or other basses as long as they fit my requirements for weight & performance. They must be Light & they must be professional instruments - no toys please. This L2000 is by no means heavy - I'd imagine it's no more than 9lbs but i havn't weighed it yet. However due to my back & shoulder problems getting worse & my slight build, even this is now too much weight for me (hence wanting to get a Status Streamline....Any others i should look out for?)

As far as the bass goes, it is in perfect condition apart from a tiny bit of belt buckle rash on its backside - but this is only slight. It has been professionally set up to G&L factory specs, with action & intonation spot on - It is a beautiful player. It has just been strung with D'addario XL Pro Steels 45-105. The bass has a jazz sized neck.

The bass comes in a G&L Hardcase, which has a a bit of cracking & splitting to the plastic casing on it's bottom right corner, but it doesn't in any way negatively affect it's protective purpose - This was done by clumsy workmen when the Hardcase was in storage (without the bass in it) whilst i was moving house. The bass resides at my recording studio & escaped the heavy handed morons!

Please follow the link to the G&L L2000 pictures from my photobucket account where.

[url="http://s837.photobucket.com/albums/zz300/mathieulill/L2000/"]http://s837.photobucket.com/albums/zz300/mathieulill/L2000/[/url]

I am based in Sutton, Surrey/Greater London. Demo's welcomed. I can may be able to meet depending on distance.

Cheers,

Mat

[attachment=84002:DSC02981.JPG] [attachment=83999:DSC02976.JPG] [attachment=84000:DSC02987.JPG] [attachment=84003:DSC02970.JPG] [attachment=84004:DSC02971.JPG] [attachment=84001:DSC02969.JPG]

Edited by mashup

[quote name='gareth' post='1292881' date='Jul 4 2011, 10:58 PM']How much does the bass weigh

Thanks[/quote]

I think it weighs around the 8-9lbs. It is actually a light L2000, but even my Fender Aerodyne had become too heavy for me & had to be sold!

I dont have scales at home though but i can get it weighed over the next few days if you want?