Why become a member? ×

'elp wiv reaper

retrohelix

Have googled as much as my sanity can bear and haven't come across anything, so thought I'd post here.

I've had this problem with Reaper for about 2 months, and it just started happening randomly, without fiddling with any settings (to the best of my memory, anyway). I can record things and play them back just fine and without a hitch, only until I change the tempo or time signature in the project settings does it start playing back with this horrible fuzz. I've been using Reaper & my audio interface (UA-25EX) and been getting along just fine for well over a year, so I'm really at a loss for what it could be. I know it's not my instruments or cables - they all work and sound fine when I direct monitor them via the UA-25EX.

Anyone here ever experienced similar, or know what's going on? Cheers.

Hmm!! I'm afraid I am not sure. Have you installed any Reaper updates or changed and interface settings recently? I'm guessing by your post the answer may be no - but it could be 'update' related somewhere along the lines - drivers included.

The great thing about Reaper is you can install multiple instances of the program -for example, I have Reaper installed on a USB key too - so, by running up the USB version instead of the PC version I can see if there's a problem with Reaper or my interface should glitches occur. I have to say, that every single time I've had a problem (and those aren't many) it wasn't Reaper at fault. It was either me, or an interface update causing the problem.

Worth testing the theory. Do you have another PC / Laptop you can do a test run on?

Dooooooooooooooood

Thanks for the reply dood. I have tried reinstalling, I even installed the Reaper 4 beta - still the same problem. Unfortunately I don't have any other machines to test it on (nor a USB key to run it off). As for device drivers, there hasn't been an update for them since I got the interface. I'm starting to think it may have something to with the ASIO driver setting (which I've updated and downgraded to see if it was the cause) or sample rate - something like that, but I've never tampered with those settings (neither on the ASIO panel or in Reaper) and don't have a clue what a lot of it means.

I think it's very strange that it only occurs when I change the tempo or time sig...

[quote name='retrohelix' post='1292825' date='Jul 4 2011, 10:19 PM']Thanks for the reply dood. I have tried reinstalling, I even installed the Reaper 4 beta - still the same problem. Unfortunately I don't have any other machines to test it on (nor a USB key to run it off). As for device drivers, there hasn't been an update for them since I got the interface. I'm starting to think it may have something to with the ASIO driver setting (which I've updated and downgraded to see if it was the cause) or sample rate - something like that, but I've never tampered with those settings (neither on the ASIO panel or in Reaper) and don't have a clue what a lot of it means.

I think it's very strange that it only occurs when I change the tempo or time sig...[/quote]

Yeah, it does sound rather odd! - Reason I mention it, is because Line 6 just updated their drivers and floods of issue complaints appeared on the Line 6 forum! OUCH! - Infact it did stuff my machine for a bit too. But it is strange that it happens in the cases you mention. I can't remember - but I *think* there is a way to reset Reaper to 'default' settings that might help.

[edit] oh actually - yes in my start menu: "REAPER (x64) (reset configuration to factory defaults)" - Could try opening a session with the shortcut and see if the problem reappears?