Why become a member? ×

Story of my G&L L2000 Trib. & Am. Series Jazz

rodl2005

Well I posted some pics [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=4229"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?act=attach...ost&id=4229[/url] hope that takes U to one- of the G&L L2000 Tribute I painstakingly bought & brought over to Australia from the USA. But after a cuppla months...alas ..IT wasn't for me... It was just too modern sounding a bass, or sumthin'?????
So I flogged it off on ebay- lost a bit, but thems the breaks, & thru a TB friend, ordered a American Series S1 switching Chrome Red, Rosewood board Jazz- again from the US, but THIS time from a reputable store-that my friend reccommended!!!!!!!! It arrived in about 2/3 weeks & I got it last week! A beauty too!!!
I was looking for a Jazz bass when all the bells & whistles of the G&L L2000 caught my eye. Active to passive, series/parralel etc.... But TOO modern sounding- probly GREAT for HEAVY Music, but I wanted sumthin' I could use for Jazz, soul, old style Rythm n blues, funk etc.... Man the MIA jazz sounds superb. With the string-thru bridge it seems to have a bit more punch than a previous Jazz bass-a MIJ- I owned-even when that had SD 1/4lb pups in it! The S1 switch also gives a real bass boost & P bass style option.
Will post some pics asap
Cheers,
Rod

I really liked so many things about the American series Jazz and precision I owned in the past (the thru body stringing,fretwork and rolled fingerboard edges most of all) . I'll definetely be wanting another Am Series Jazz sometime
I just sold on my Tribute L2000 to another forumite but I still have the same pickups/pre amp package in my Asat. I'm a bit biased towards the L2K/Asat electronics so it surprises me you couldnt get a warm,thumpin woody vibe off that bass. in passive mode its got some really nice tones without even switching the pre amp on
but cool beans you found your sound with the Jazz :)