Why become a member? ×

Colour me shocked

Monz

I've been involved in some pretty intense trading of gear over the last few weeks culminating in me being the proud owner of a PJB24B and now a Demeter HPB-1 so tonight I set aside a couple of hours to play and see what tones I was happy with... well... I set up my old Peavey MkVI XP into the 24B and WOW lovely tone and probably well loud enough to play any of the gigs I do, so then set up the demeter through a power amp I have on loan and was not overley elated, sounded ok but not what I was expecting to hear, so just on the offchance I put the Demeter as a preamp to the peavey to bypass the peavey preamp and OMG it blew me away... great attack and a tone so musical I could have cried, I am absolutely amazed, yet again I have found the perfect sound (until the next time lol)

DID I MENTION IT WAS FEKIN LOUD!!!

I am officially a very happy bunny :)

Interesting - I had one of these from Owen a few years back, used it to front-end an Eden WTX260 and a D210XLT cab, and it simply didn't do it for me. When Owen expressed an interest in having it back, I had no trouble parting with it.

Given that Owen also raved about it, it sounds like I should have persevered and tried it with other combinations of kit.

Mind you, I've ended up running an Orange Terror Bass through a Barefaced Midget, so I probably would never have got to where I wanted with something as smooth and sophisticated as the HPB-1. :)

Edited by Happy Jack