Why become a member? ×

Warwick Alien Acoustic Basses

philwood

[quote name='philwood' post='1274877' date='Jun 19 2011, 04:10 PM']Does anyone have any experience with these basses or even just tried one?
I'd be interested to hear opinions on both the rockbass version and the more expensive one.
Thanks![/quote]

I tried one a few years back (in Italy). If my memory is working well, it was a larger to handle body than it had looked in
any photo I had previously seen, well made but I wasn't completely taken on the acoustic sound. However that is one
of the main 'problems' when trying out acoustic basses unplugged.
I've played an old Washburn fretless AB20 for 15 years so I am more comfortable with this bass anyway.

[quote name='mybass' post='1275819' date='Jun 20 2011, 12:44 PM']I tried one a few years back (in Italy). If my memory is working well, it was a larger to handle body than it had looked in
any photo I had previously seen, well made but I wasn't completely taken on the acoustic sound. However that is one
of the main 'problems' when trying out acoustic basses unplugged.
I've played an old Washburn fretless AB20 for 15 years so I am more comfortable with this bass anyway.[/quote]

Do you still have your Washburn AB20 Fretless?