Why become a member? ×

Just a quick one...

Robert Manning

Think the last second hand one in great condition went for £380 on here. Second hand value on Fenders generally does not seem to be keeping up with the big price increase on new ones, that we have seen this year (IMO).
Makes 2nd hand even better value.
I had a first series Highway 1 and it was probably the best value (and playing! ) USA Fender Jazz I have owned.
Good luck whatever.
Karl.

[quote name='karlfer' post='1273544' date='Jun 18 2011, 10:42 AM']Think the last second hand one in great condition went for £380 on here. Second hand value on Fenders generally does not seem to be keeping up with the big price increase on new ones, that we have seen this year (IMO).
Makes 2nd hand even better value.
I had a first series Highway 1 and it was probably the best value (and playing! ) USA Fender Jazz I have owned.
Good luck whatever.
Karl.[/quote]

[url="http://m.gumtree.com/v?adId=76400224"]http://m.gumtree.com/v?adId=76400224[/url]

This is what I was thinking of . Might be a bit high I suppose!
Might ask him for a haggle! Ah.
Cheers man.

It's got a case, which is far from standard.
I would personally contact and tell him, "if you ever decide you will accept £420 for it , cash, collected,would you give me a call please"?

Probably worth that now I would think.
As ever, it's down to how many people looking at it, and how desperate he is to sell.
Good luck,
Karl.

[quote name='karlfer' post='1274060' date='Jun 18 2011, 07:50 PM']It's got a case, which is far from standard.
I would personally contact and tell him, "if you ever decide you will accept £420 for it , cash, collected,would you give me a call please"?

Probably worth that now I would think.
As ever, it's down to how many people looking at it, and how desperate he is to sell.
Good luck,
Karl.[/quote]

i think i might wait for a roughed up real USA std, :)

My HW1 jazz, was no better that a squire come to think of it... 4 pieces of odd alder, overhanging frets, and the pick ups were wired back to front....
yeah you heard! terrible!

i love the finish though :) plus the the USA stamp is worth its weight in gold, not like a stamp is heavy;' oh well haha!

[quote name='karlfer' post='1274986' date='Jun 19 2011, 05:26 PM']Bummer you got a rough one. Most folk who've had HW1's seem to have really liked them.
Fender eh :) .
Good luck,
Karl.[/quote]

Must of been the last one at the end of a hard day at work!

i sorted out though, in the end it was fine. :)

i do wonder if the really are 'USA made"...

oh well! cheers