Why become a member? ×

My Kent Armstrong pickup arrived...

Duarte

Normally mag pickups, unless they have some kind of screw or clamp arangement, are affixed with strong velcro or gaffer tape. I have a US-made equivalent (by Krivo). It has heavy duty velcro on the top edge and I have put 3M velcro tape at the end of the fingerboard to hold it in place.

You'll see a central hole that takes a long screw (not supplied) that would screw into the end of the fingerboard. The two little threaded stud thingies would be fitted either side of the central screw to stop the whole thing revolving. Again, holes have to be drilled.

I didn't fancy trying to drill holes in the fingerboard, so i used sticky velcro and bound it up with electrical tape. It was ok, but not the best. I then got my luthier to mount the thing properly, and it's sooo neat. :)

Unfortunately the pup doesn't (or didn't for me) come with a jack socket, so you have to cobble something together yourself.

Great pickup, pity about the lack of thought about the connection side of things.

You can do it yourself. I used 1cm wide Mammoth double sided tape on mine - after removing the two grub screws - and it worked a treat. It doesn't move. It's available on eBay. Remember to adjust the pick-up poles in relation to your string action - size 4 allen key.

It's an awesome pickup and I can still get a convincing DB sound with floor shaking volume and no feedback!