Why become a member? ×

[Traded] FT: Sandberg JJ5

ThomBassmonkey

I don't believe I'm doing this, I love this baas and it cured my GAS for a while but I then got a very similar model with two MM pickups that took over as my main bass, now I'm GASing after a proper MM type bass to see what the real deal is like and since my big rig isn't selling or trading and this isn't get used, it's next up in the firing line.

It's a soft aged Sandberg "JJ5" (the naming system changed to something strange), this pup config has to be custom ordered and isn't available from any shops I've seen. That doesn't mean they're some fancy custom shop model, they're made to order the same as any other Sandberg bass by the shop that gets them, just that no shops seem to have these made as standard. The custom shop decal on the headstock is the same, simply ordered and otherwise meaningless.

I don't know what the colour is, it's almost CAR but in certain lights it looks a little more salmon pink. Obviously soft aged, I love Sandberg's aging on their basses, it looks very natural and it doesn't look like a 5 year old attacked it with a chisel.

It has delano pickups in, they sound great. Loads of meat on them but still that classic J sound. High mass bridge, 0 fret, 2 band EQ with push/pull active/passive and a passive tone knob (the treble when in active mode).

It's hard to say what the condition is. I'd say fairly good, it has a ding or two on top of the finish but with the reliced finish they're not obvious.

As above, I'm ideally looking for a Musicman, Ray or Bongo 5 would do me fine. I'm not interested in 4s at all (sorry) but may consider a 6. Especially interested in 2 pickup models. Perfect trade would be a natural/black/red ray HH 5 with maple board. Funny as it sounds, colour would be the deciding factor. I'm not interested in blue, green, orange, any other crazy colour, it has to be black, red, natural or maybe white.

I'll take a look at other offers on trades, if you fancy a trade, drop me an IM and I'll take a look. As said in other threads, I'm interested by Status (pref graphite neck), G&L, Wal (I'm prepared to do a deal including my amp if someone's interested), whatever. Just let me know, worst I can do is say no. :) I'll look at deals with cash my way but I don't have the spare moolah to fork out money myself.

I'm not looking at selling and unless something ideal pops up and someone offers me enough money to get it, I won't be putting up a price. If you want to make me an offer, feel free and if something comes up I can look over offers and see if someone's offered me the right money previously, but it's not high on my list.

Thom

Edited by ThomBassmonkey

:) There is another /starwars.

I'll still have my HH Sandberg which is my main player. :) Unless I'm totally blown away by the MM, I can't see that going anywhere.

I'm prepared to look at other trades too, so don't be afraid to make offers. :lol: Edited by ThomBassmonkey

Some interesting trade offers, nothing accepted as yet though.

Thanks for the kind words, RS. These really are stunning instruments, I've played everything from Encores to Ritters and these are the best value instruments I've ever found. I never thought I'd be moving it on, but I have another Sandberg and want to try other stuff out so this one's the one that's gotta go.

As in my first post, I'm open to more offers of basses now.

I'll expand a bit here:

Musicman, Status Graphite, G&L, Lakland, Wal, ACG, Shuker, Lightwave, Dingwall (not combustion), Overwater. I'm open minded though and there's probably loads I've missed anyway.
Must have a low B. Pref 5 strings, maybe 6.
35" scale max (with the obvious exception of a Dingwall), pref 34".
Fretted or fretless (more likely to go for a fretted, but I am GASing for a fretless on the side).
If someone has a really nice bass that they'd be willing to trade, I might be prepared to do a deal with my amp (GK 2001RB-II and two 410RBH cabs, in the for sale section), it'd have to be something special. I might do it for a Wal for example or a high end Dingwall.
I'd be happy to look at offers of cheaper basses plus cash, like SUB5s or L2500 Tributes for example. Please let me know how much cash you'd offer right away though and if it's negotiable as I don't want to waste time PMing over a few days only to find out we have totally different valuations of the basses involved.
I can't put any more money towards a trade so only trade downs or of equal value.

I'm looking at a trade value of about £750. After getting it, strings, set up etc, I'm down over that so it seems reasonable.