Why become a member? ×

Two New 4-Stringers

WHUFC BASS

1. Traben John Moyer - I have the 5 string version of this which is probably the best metal / punk / hardcore bass I have ever used and saw a 4-string version going cheap. I mean really cheap - £150. It's immaculate and came with straplocks and tool kit too. Sounds just like the 5-string - absoloutly huge output. The Rockfield pre-amp is easily the loudest preamp I have ever heard. Really pleased with it.

2. Franken-Jazz. This was another bargain on Ebay £175. Came with USA pickups and control plate, dodgy Fender decal, Squier body and after-market neck. One of the tuners was broken but it didn't matter as I had an old black set kicking around which I put on. Also stuck a black string retainer on there too.
Although it sounded superb when I got it, I added a black Gotoh 201 bridge and a Varitone unit to it with S1 switching on it which gives it a real biting growl which really cuts through two heavily distorted chugging guitars.

Not bad for the grand total of £325 (not including the Varitone unit).

There's bargains to be had out there if you keep your eyes open ! Edited by WHUFC BASS