Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What Recording S/ware - H/ware?

Oggy

[quote name='51m0n' post='1263768' date='Jun 10 2011, 11:38 AM']No not true, USB suffers in the same way as PATA harddrive drive interfaces in that it requires some CPU and that can become an issue when you start pushing (under certain circumstances not very) hard and you get close to the limit of bandwidth when the CPU is busy.[/quote]
But generally speaking...

One of the problems with budget interfaces is the quality of the pre amps, Focusrite are great for the money. I use a Motu Traveler in the studio and a Focusrite Safire Pr 40 + Octo pre, when working mobile. The week points on the DAWS I have used (Cubase, Protools, Logic and Sonor are EQ, compressors. It is not that they are bad but it is worth investing in other better plug-ins.
Also the reverbs not up too much unless you use a convolution reverb but that is CPU intensive.
If I were to start over again I would definitely try Reaper and spend my money on a better interface.
Don’t trust anybody who says on DAW is better than the major ones a roughly the same and it is all down to a preferred way of working. If one has a great new feature this year it won’t be long before they all have it.
Good Luck