Why become a member? ×

3/4 size Double Bass - Fully carved

Tallboy

3/4 size Double Bass.
This is the perfect bass for any electric bassist who is serious about making the transition to double bass.
Description from website:
'Conservatoire Double Bass from Stentor. Superior quality double bass outfit, hand-made from selected solid tonewoods. A popular choice with advanced students . Product Information: Hand-made double bass from selected solid tonewoods. Fully carved back and front. Ebony fingerboard. Special formula varnish. Good quality brass machine heads. '

I've owned this bass for about 5 years - It's taken me from EB to upright quite painlessly thanks to a good setup (and a couple of lessons!). After purchasing I invested in a quality luthier setup with Pirastro 'Jazzer' strings and a very low string height making it painlessly playable for a beginner. The price includes a K&K 'Bassmax' pickup and a strong black gig bag. All ready to gig !!!
£850
Any trial welcome – I have a selection of amps to give any buyer a good idea of it’s amplified sound.
Feel free to send me a message if you have any questions.
Regards
Chris.

Edited by Tallboy

gonna give you a bump, for folks looking for a bass at this price level.
I've got one like this which I use as a van bass (it lives in my regular gigs' band van) mine is not fully carved, apart from the front table, but for the money its easy to play and produces a decent tone.
A really good buy for people wanting to try the water.
Jake

Edited by jakesbass

[quote name='jakesbass' post='145332' date='Feb 22 2008, 09:20 PM']gonna give you a bump, for folks looking for a bass at this price level.
I've got one like this which I use as a van bass (it lives in my regular gigs' band van) mine is not fully carved, apart from the front table, but for the money its easy to play and produces a decent tone.
A really good buy for people wanting to try the water.
Jake[/quote]

Thanks Jake

I know this will sound biased (because I do want to sell the bass) but you are spot on with your remarks.
This bass has been so good for me. I originally started with really cheap student bass with a fixed soundpost and cheap stained wood fingerboard and was nearly put off playing for good!! . So pleased I tried something a bit more expensive which has had some care in it's construction.
Just need someone to check it out and I know they'll be hooked on Double bass.

Regards

Chris

• 3 weeks later...

Assuming this has gone to Ebay now?? Let me know if it hasn't, its a stunning looking bass for the price, and I 'may' be able to sort something. I have decided to start playing string bass again, so I need my own instrument. I was going to go down the fretless route for funk, but have found myself playing bass most of the time with big bands and jazz ensembles, and you cannot beat a string bass for that!!!
I am in Blackpool also, and for a string bass, I should be able to sort out getting to Manchester possibly.
Anyway, Cheers! :)

Edited by overwater#1

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

[quote name='jakesbass' post='403972' date='Feb 9 2009, 01:16 AM']This bass was sold in the summer, I transported it from seller to buyer (lucky coincidence of gigs)
there is a bass of a similar nature around the corner from me I will let the seller know you are looking.
Jake[/quote]
Cheers Jake....much obliged.
....Paul (Saxobass)