Why become a member? ×

Ampeg V4BH AV

mr_russ

I'm selling my Ampeg V4BH all valve bass amp.

I bought it from doctorbass on the forum a couple of weeks ago, it sounds absolutely stunning but I need more volume for the kind of gigs I'm doing, our drummer is particularly loud and it's not quite got the power I need, the Orange Terror bass I've picked up doesn't sound as good but it's far enough in the right direction for me at the moment.

This thing is basically an SVT classic with a smaller power section, so you can crank it for some excellent tube overdrive without being at bowel loosening volume levels - plus it weighs half as much.

This particular amp is in Ampeg's 'AV' livery but is otherwise identical to the more common blackface models, it's in great condition and perfect working order.

Due to it's weight I'm going to offer it for collection only, although I could possibly meet the buyer somewhere closer.
I'm based in Brighton but make regular trips to Rayne/Braintree in Essex.

From the serial number, it looks like it was made in 2005

I'm after £450, which is pretty much what I paid for it.

I'm interested in trades for a 4 string jazz bass, or possibly a precision - let me know what you've got.

Cheers!

Russ

More information here:

Technical Specifications
OUTPUT POWER RATING 100 watts RMS minimum continuous @ <3% THD into 4 or 8Ω, 0.7VRMS input
TOTAL SYSTEM GAIN 59dB @ 1kHz with levels up and tones flat, -3dB @ 30Hz and 12kHz
TONE CONTROL RANGE
BASS: ±12dB @ 40Hz
MIDRANGE: +10dB, -20dB @ 220, 450, 800, 1.6k or 3kHz
TREBLE: +15dB, -20dB @ 4kHz
ULTRA LOW: +2dB @ 40Hz, -10dB @ 500Hz
ULTRA HIGH: +9dB @ 8kHz
PRESENCE: +6dB @ 10kHz
SIGNAL TO NOISE RATIO 80dB typical
TUBE COMPLEMENT (2) 12AX7, (2) 12AU7, (4) 6L6/5881
POWER REQUIREMENTS 115VAC, 60Hz, 190VA; 100/115VAC, 50/60Hz, 190VA; 230VAC, 50/60Hz, 190VA
SIZE (W x H x D) AND WEIGHT 23-3/4” W x 11” H x 12-3/4” D, 40 lbs.

Edited by mr_russ

Holy Cr@p i'd eat this right up if i had £450. I've got both a deluxe USA Jazz and a 1986 MIJ P (with jazz bridge pickup) that im almost tempted to offer in trade but I wont because I NEED them and i've already got a 100W valve amp - although this looks smaller, lighter and cooler.

Super jealous and definitely need some money to buy this.

Sold this amp today - I just didn't find it quite loud enough.
Pub gigs - small to medium, with a decent cab would be fine as long as you like your overdrive.
The Orange terror I've just replaced it with is excellent, and sounds extra awesome with a VT bass pedal in front - although still not quite as good as the V4B.