Why become a member? ×

An introduction of sorts

nobodysprefect

Hello one and all!

I'm a long time anglophile and bass-owner currently and for both the known past and foreseeable future living in Finland, where we beat our lovers and knife our drinking buddies. Way to go! Want excitement in your life? Make friends with a finn!

I've recently been forced by circumstances to retire from imposing on paying clientele my attempts at artistic expression on the bass but am looking into picking up an acoustic six-string soprano bass tuned eadgbe with which to accompany my vocal outpourings which I've no doubt will do much to improve the value of real estate in the neighbourhood. Complaints by bitter old ladies incoming in 3, 2, 1...

Tied in with the forced resignation is the decision to sell the laid-off basses which now languish in storage with no gigs to anticipate. My registering here serves a dual purpose, then - entertaining myself and finding bassists who'll hopefully get much enjoyment from the basses.

Need to bugger off now. Will return later, ready to type more forced attempts at emulating British humour.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the welcome and apologies for taking so very long to return to spew useless verbiage... But Real Life(tm) obligations and all that jazz.

Thanks for the appreciation about the choice of username. Clever usernames are a habit I picked up at the Internet Infidels Discussion Board or IIDB for short, which is a very polite board, so polite in fact that they lost an important *member* (yes, this would be an in-joke) and many regular contributors to rants n raves. Both boards are for discussing various topics, amongst which are science, philosophy, world events, religion both semitic and otherwise. The salient point being the abundance of very clever usernames.

As to my basses for sale: I've got an F-bass BN6, a Wal Mach II 5-string, a Spector NS-XL5 and a Jack Read custom 4. The last is the least known, but think of a 4-string Spector with better ergonomics and much punchier tone due to tone chambers and sweepable frequency mid-control. Also, it's light as a feather. Will be putting up posts in the FS section.

brgds

hey!

i felt i had to say hello as a) its polite anyway and B ) i was just telling a story about a visit to finland to a large group of people, then i nip on here and see your thread.

i adore finland!
i am yet to observe a moose, though, and could get heavily into deep and meaningful questions about whether the moose actually exists if it isn't observed.. anyways, im going back over there in a few weeks, hopefully, so maybe i'll see one then!

by the way, i am now up to 12 times that a finn has yelled 'LORDI' at me in replacement for normal conversation. (i REALLY need to learn some finnish and more swedish!)

erm.. anyway! the finland thing was just spooky is all. the universe told me to reply!

good luck with selling the basses, i shall return to my story now!

x

Edited by mewsie