Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Yamaha RBX 6JM MK1 ruby Red WITHDRAWN

Lorne

Mk1 RBX 6JM for sale, all paint chips or scuffs come free, frets in good shape, unusually, it STILL has it's battery cover, comes with Gold Schaller straplocks (Inc bits for your Strap)

Comes with a Full Flight case, not original to the bass, would need new foam to look pretty (I think it had a Ric in it originally)

Jack socket has been replaced, but the bass hasn't been altered

£500, pick up prefered from Plymouth, but Postage could be arranged at around £60 (The bass is heavy and so is the case)

Currently strung with an old set of D'addario EXL 170-6's

One of the knobs is not exactly the same as the other 4

Swap would be considered for a Euro Spector 4 or 5 in a trans colour (Laquer NOT oil finish)

Edited by Lorne

Been asked for pictures of the cosmetic damage to both the RBX 6JM's

Here is the red one

Damage to lower horn edge, looks worse than it is

Scuff in the laquer on the upper horn

Some slight worming on the rear of the bass

Those side profile angled shots are NEVER shown when someone's selling a bass. You're a good man! :) You're not kidding about the low action either. I'm perfectly happy with my Grind, and passive basses, but even I'd buy one of these if i had the cash! Always loved the look and sound of this bass. And it's only right to get a JM bass considering he's the man who got me into 6ers in the first place! Hope this makes someone very happy if it goes

Same here, Myung is an awesome bassist, and it was the Turquoise one I wanted, but could only (As if that's a bad thing) get the red one at first, then got the Turquoise one (Which I have just sold)

If you think the action is low on this one, you should see one of my Bich 8's (Strung as a 4), .75 of a MM gap between the bottom of the string and the 24th fret, NO buzzes :)

[quote name='AttitudeCastle' post='1261607' date='Jun 8 2011, 06:50 PM']What made you decide to sell the two on? :)[/quote]

Just had a rush of S**t to the brain, picked up the Turquoise one, playing it, looked and saw a sea of basses staring back at me, thought "Why the hell have I got this many basses, especially pairs", wanted to sell the red one more than the Turquoise one, no idea why really, as they both played exactly the same, weird

Probably going to reduce the amount of basses I have to 6 or 7, but I might already have another BCR on the way at some point,and I totally already failed at reducing the #'s of basses, sold the Yamaha and Immediately found a Spector, bought it, oooooops :)