Why become a member? ×

Marshall VBA fault with video link

lushuk

Hi guys, brought this VBA to replace my SVT (in the for sale section:) and after about 20-30 mins it started to crakle, any ideas before I have to return it? It makes the noise with or without the bass connected!

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFyypq_bwFk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFyypq_bwFk[/url]

Thanks for any help Eddy

Cheers for the replies guys, yes it was the gumtree vba, thought the price was good (if it was working ok of course) I picked it up on a halfway meet so transit should not be a problem, ive cleaned the pre and power valves but it made no difference, the seller is fine and will give me a refund or do I take it to a tech and take the hit if its nothing major or get me cash back....................... mmm I have until Thursday!

You have cleaned the pins on the bottom of the valves and the contacts in the sockets, right?

There are plenty of other places that could be causing fun. If you run it open in the dark, you might see one valve flashing, which would be your explanation, something shook loose inside it, seen it happen on an amp before, looked like fireballs shooting up inside it.

Hi Mr F, dint do the socket but I will and wait till it gets dark! it take 20 mins to start crackling from a cold start! Trouble is I want to keep it as long as there is not a hefty repair bill! its all good fun :) Thanks for your help Eddy

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' post='1250583' date='May 30 2011, 06:16 PM']You have cleaned the pins on the bottom of the valves and the contacts in the sockets, right?

There are plenty of other places that could be causing fun. If you run it open in the dark, you might see one valve flashing, which would be your explanation, something shook loose inside it, seen it happen on an amp before, looked like fireballs shooting up inside it.[/quote]

[quote name='lushuk' post='1253427' date='Jun 2 2011, 03:08 AM']Guys thank you, just to let you know it was the valve seats, 2 cleans and all is good, many thanks for the interest in my post! now to find some matching cabs, does it ever stop :)[/quote]

Great news!

Basschat really does have it's uses eh? :)