Why become a member? ×

Aria Pro II Rhino

tauzero

Up for grabs is one Aria Pro II Rhino bass. There's no information to be found about these out on That Interweb, which is a bit of a shame and means you'll just have to rely on what I say :) It's Korean-made and I think dates to 1998.

34" scale, 4 strings and 24 frets, maple bolt-on neck, not sure about the body wood - it's got red translucent lacquer on, so it's not so ugly it needed a solid colour :huh:

Active, with a soapbar neck pup and a humbucker/dual-soapbar pup at the bridge. Switches allow switching between active and passive, and also between three different bridge pickup combinations. There's also a conventional four-pot setup with volume, pup blend, bass+/- and treble +/-. I'm sure I once found out the exact function of the three-way switch but I don't know where...

If you're any good at French, there's [url="http://www.guitariste.com/forums/achat-vente-echange,vends-fretless-bass-samples-ins,250341.html"]someone flogging the fretless version on a French bass forum[/url] which may have some additional information.

Condition appears immaculate. I haven't spotted any damage yet. I've just put a set of cheap 40-60-75-95s on and the action could do with raising a bit for them, they're just zinging a bit.

I need to sell this fairly quickly so it'll be on ebay by the weekend if not before.

Looking for £120 or thereabouts. Collection from Brum or I can arrange to send it (I prefer collection). Includes a gig bag, no hard case. If posted, will be sent in a sturdy cardboard box.

[attachment=5757:S6001033_cropped.jpg] [attachment=5758:S6001034_cropped.jpg] [attachment=5759:S6001038_cropped.jpg]

More photos available if required.