Why become a member? ×

Strings (again!)

goblin

So to cut it short, I need a new set. Want to get away from Rotos as I don't like the feel or life of them. Been looking at DR, but I don't know whether I should go for Lo Riders or Hi Beams. The bass is an active Warwick Corvette and it's one that has to do a bit of everything, a lot of slap but a lot of finger work to. I don't play with a pick. So really, what would people suggest is better for the job? £30 is a lot to cock up on strings when you're a student!

Here you go this should help you make your mind up [url="http://www.bassemporium.com/newsletters/0609newsletter.html"]http://www.bassemporium.com/newsletters/0609newsletter.html[/url] I like hi beams as they are low tension strings and feel quite supple. I used to be a fan of rotos but I feel DRs are 100% better, giving more punch and clarity, they vastly improved the sound of my basses anyway. Well worth the price they charge.

Cheers for that :) Looks like I'm going to be going for Hi Beams. Just need to decide on gauge. The Rotos are 40 - 100, but I've always found it harder to double click on the Warwick, but the E and A sound great. Wal has 45 - 105 on, and I have no problem double clicking there (could be down to the bass), but don't like slapping the E and A. Can you get them in a hybrid gauge? Something like 45 - 100. Or am I just being picky? :)