Why become a member? ×

Super 8 Cynics at Factory 251, Manchester, Sat 28th

jackduran

[b]My band Super 8 Cynics are playing at the launch of a compilation album at Peter Hook’s Factory, Manchester, (we were handpicked to feature on a showcase of the North West’s top independent talent) on Saturday 28th May (this coming Saturday). Here is a snippet from our press release providing some info on the gig:[/b]

Super 8 Cynics were spotted by former Ministry of Sound Director Tony Rigg while touring with their self-titled debut album earlier this year. The Northern five-piece’s slick studio sound is more than matched by their formidable live act, which attracted the attention of Rigg and his new independent record label, The Laboratory Project.

The track “Hollywood Lied” will feature on the compilation, and its video will be premiered on the launch night.

Super 8 Cynics were founded as a disparate group of session musicians assembled by front man Ady. It was only after weeks in the studio each of them realised they’d finally found their ideal band mates.

Guitarist Neal and drummer Paul’s hard rock influences combine with the pop and New Wave styles of bassist Jack and synth guru Mike. Songwriter and vocalist Ady’s smooth yet powerful baritone completes the sound.

The band are currently playing gigs throughout the UK, and have already gained a dedicated following throughout the North West within less than five months of live performances.

The Taste Masters 2 launch party will be hosted by MC Tunes, with live sets from Super 8 Cynics, China White, Antistar, Salford Jets, Jimmy Docherty and Dresden. Tickets to the launch party cost £6 each and include entry to the Stone Love club night. They are available via super8cynics.com
Taste Masters 2 is available to download from all major sites from 28th May.

Tony Rigg said: “The problem with the music business today is it is more about business so most of the music we get is manufactured to formula. The laboratory project is anti contrived pop and pro organic music. We are committed is to exposing brilliant, original music, hence the Super 8 Cynics fit perfectly into our artist portfolio.”

[b]If anyone is in Manchester city centre on Saturday night looking for some top-notch music to listen to (plus other bonuses) then please pop along and check us out. Drop me a line on here if you'd like a ticket reserving as it promises to sell out. Here's a vid of us playing at our last gig in Manchester, at Moho Live:[/b]

[url="http://www.super8cynics.com"]www.super8cynics.com[/url]

Cheers everyone!

Jack

[quote name='Wooks79' post='1240934' date='May 22 2011, 10:14 PM']I will be there mate, as I play bass in Dresden :)

Shaping up to be a great night all round by the sounds of it.[/quote]

Hi mate, nice to speak to you! I'm looking forward to this, it should be good. With the risk of sounding cliched, I've listened to your stuff online and it's brilliant so it'll be good to see you playing live. I'm trying to do the rounds advertising the gig online.

Good to speak to another Stingray fan in any case!

Jack

I`ve not worked in Moho, and am grateful, as the sound desk is situated at the back in a little kebab stall type hutch with an opening like an ice cream van
This means the engineer can`t hear a damn thing properly, while at the mixing position.
The rig in Moho also lacks quality.
It`s basically a disco rig.
I`m not trying to bring you down, just remind you that engineers operate in less than ideal situations and often get blamed for the limitations of the rig/venue.
Moho is one of those.
MM