Why become a member? ×

After finally coming to terms with the fact I'm not really much of a guitarist anymore, it's perhaps time to say goodbye to my beloved Matamp 4x12 cab. I bought this about 4 years ago and whilst it's been gigged, due to bands splitting up and switching over to bass it really hasn't had much use at all. I'd say the cab is in very good condition cosmetically, only a couple of tiny nicks in the tolex that you'd have to look carefully to find.

Speakers are 2 x Vintage 30 and 2 x Hot 100 wired to 8 Ohms, total power handling being 320watts and are barely run in. This combination was recommended by Jeff at Matamp for giving a great all-round sound be it for clean or gain sounds, with enough headroom to cope with just about any guitar amp. The cab is in Matamp house colours, I can't remember what they call them but will post pics when I get chance.

This would be a very reluctant sale but I've not gigged with a six-string for about 3 years and owning a half stack just for practicing is somewhat overkill.

I'd like £400 for this but I'd be very interested in a trade for a good 2x12 (vintage 30's preferably) with cash my way as I still need something to use with my Matamp head.

Thanks for looking

Stu

Edited by Pliskin

I didn't know that's how it worked out actually, guess it's 240 watts then. I don't think I want to get into breaking it up, it's a great sounding cab - the v30's and Hot 100's complement each other and provide greater options when recording.

[quote name='Pliskin' post='1240728' date='May 22 2011, 08:00 PM']The cab is in Matamp house colours, I can't remember what they call them but will post pics when I get chance.
Stu[/quote]

I think it's called "black" Stu.

If you want to get posh, it's called Spanish plaster or something similar, wicker speaker cover and white 'batman' logo.

Here's a pic:-

[attachment=80755:29847_15...880587_n.jpg]