Why become a member? ×

WITHDRAWN

Skezza

I am using a couple of 1990s Bass collection active 4 string bases for gigging. A gt6B for compression and effects with the preamp turned off a peavey Tmax 500 watt head and two of the new lightweight Trace elliot 1 x15s. Usually unless its a very big venue I do not go through the PA. I use the guitar with eithet the P bass pickup or a mix of the p and j pickups.

My problem is that I find the bass E string gets very boomy and feedsback and to control it I have to back off the active bass control on the guitar thus making the bass sound a liitle thin. I have tried reducing the input gain and it had no effect. I have used the in built EQ and dialed up the miserable face ): like I used to do on my Trace head but I still have the boomy string problem.

Any suggestions

Please can you PM me as I am out setting up a PA for a festival and Pms come to my phone I have a gig Monday so I would like to try some ideas out before then

skez

Edited by Skezza

[quote name='Skezza' post='1240216' date='May 22 2011, 12:18 PM']I am using a couple of 1990s Bass collection active 4 string bases for gigging. A gt6B for compression and effects with the preamp turned off a peavey Tmax 500 watt head and two of the new lightweight Trace elliot 1 x15s. Usually unless its a very big venue I do not go through the PA. I use the guitar with eithet the P bass pickup or a mix of the p and j pickups.

My problem is that I find the bass E string gets very boomy and feedsback and to control it I have to back off the active bass control on the guitar thus making the bass sound a liitle thin. I have tried reducing the input gain and it had no effect. I have used the in built EQ and dialed up the miserable face ): like I used to do on my Trace head but I still have the boomy string problem.

Any suggestions

Please can you PM me as I am out setting up a PA for a festival and Pms come to my phone I have a gig Monday so I would like to try some ideas out before then

skez[/quote]
Mmm,so they both do it? Have you tried through another head/cabs and removing all effects?

[quote name='mikhay77' post='1240274' date='May 22 2011, 12:57 PM']Mmm,so they both do it? Have you tried through another head/cabs and removing all effects?[/quote]

T be fair the second bass collection is no problem as its passive

but the active one has s much better range of tones so I prefer it

skez

May be worth tryng a high pass filter to cut out subsonic frequencies such as this one from SFX

[url="http://www.sfxsound.co.uk/mainpage.asp?page=micro_thumpinator"]http://www.sfxsound.co.uk/mainpage.asp?pag...cro_thumpinator[/url]