Why become a member? ×

Sold.

In excellent condition.

I bought it last week, but it's really too heavy for me, I want to get a 4 ohm Golight cab and possibly a 4 ohm Goliath Junior.

It's an 8 ohm cab, and sounds amazing. I wish I'd discovered SWR sooner because it provides the perfect sound for me, I've spent a fortune over the years on cabs. You can see why players like Stanley Clarke, Marcus Miller and Jimmy Haslip use them, and have continued to use them for years.

I've fitted new corner protectors to it, the originals were a bit tatty (they were getting on a bit), I still have the originals if anyone should want them. The carpet covering is in excellent shape, no pulls or major tears. I wonder what the new TC cabs will look like when they're this age.

Here's the technical blurb from the SWR website.

[i][font="Arial Narrow"]The first upgrade to our original 4x10, featuring a redesigned crossover, input panel, and 10" driver, greater power handling capacity (500 Watts RMS), and upgraded construction techniques and materials. The Goliath II was upgraded again in 1996 to the Goliath III.

Impedance: 8 ohms @ 600 Hz
Power Handling Capacity: 500 Watts RMS
Sensitivity: 103 dB SPL @ 1W1M
Frequency Response: -6dB @ 40 Hz and 12KHz
Safe Excursion Limits: 400 Watts continuous sine wave @ 40 Hz, 56V in @ 8 ohms.
Size: 23" W x 23" H x 18 1/2" D
Weight: 90 lbs.

Production Period: 1990 to 1996[/font][/i]

I paid £200 for it, and I want to get that back.

It's collection from my home, or I can meet or deliver within reason.

I can also trade for a Goliath Junior cab. This must be in excellent condition.

Edited by Soliloquy

I've already got one, rarely use it because of the weight (and my gigs are all pretty small scale) but I'm still thinking about two of these..with the Stereo 800 power amp....hmmmm. Where would I put it!?

[quote name='BassBod' post='1237850' date='May 20 2011, 10:26 AM']I've already got one, rarely use it because of the weight (and my gigs are all pretty small scale) but I'm still thinking about two of these..with the Stereo 800 power amp....hmmmm. Where would I put it!?[/quote]

It could double as a coffee table, just stick it in the centre of the room, and cover it in a nice table cloth :).

I'm down by Bristol tomorrow........if you were interested :).

[quote name='BassBod' post='1237850' date='May 20 2011, 10:26 AM']I've already got one, rarely use it because of the weight (and my gigs are all pretty small scale) but I'm still thinking about two of these..with the Stereo 800 power amp....hmmmm. Where would I put it!?[/quote]

Mmmm!!! good lord two of those powered by a Stereo 800 poweramp, that would be bass heaven, if you had the transport for them.