Why become a member? ×

Biyang Phaser

dogload

Biyang PH8 Phaser pedal - True Bypass, WIMA caps (it says). Anyway, nice big shiny silver pedal (oh yes, very shiny!). Kind of emulates the MXR Phase 100, but not quite. Still it's quite good. Velcroed bottom, boxed. £30

Edited by dogload

Hey mate, don't suppose you know on the particular differences between the russian and american muffs, and how hard the russian ones are to come by? I have a russian bassballs so would ideally prefer to get a russki muff too

[quote name='dc2009' post='1237652' date='May 20 2011, 01:55 AM']Hey mate, don't suppose you know on the particular differences between the russian and american muffs, and how hard the russian ones are to come by? I have a russian bassballs so would ideally prefer to get a russki muff too[/quote]

Well it all depends on whether you mean the 'Green One' or the 'Black One'. The Green Ones are supposedly best, but are starting to get ridiculously expensive, whereas the black ones are available for about £90 (according to thiEveBay ads).
Also, depends what you want- Green Ones are supposed to be 'tighter', the Black Ones 'dirty' and the New York ones 'normal' Big Muff.
The original Green Ones were allegedly made with Soviet military-spec parts.

Mine's nice and shiny.

What's the low-end suck like on the Flanger (if any)? I'm looking for a new toy to play around with some Simple Minds-style tones and seeing as my budget doesn't stretch as far as the MXR flanger (at the moment anyway) this looks interesting.

[quote name='jackduran' post='1239897' date='May 22 2011, 01:35 AM']What's the low-end suck like on the Flanger (if any)? I'm looking for a new toy to play around with some Simple Minds-style tones and seeing as my budget doesn't stretch as far as the MXR flanger (at the moment anyway) this looks interesting.[/quote]

To be honest, I can't remember exactly, but I think it did have a bit of bottom loss. Never tried it on bass though.

[quote name='jackduran' post='1239897' date='May 22 2011, 01:35 AM']What's the low-end suck like on the Flanger (if any)? I'm looking for a new toy to play around with some Simple Minds-style tones and seeing as my budget doesn't stretch as far as the MXR flanger (at the moment anyway) this looks interesting.[/quote]

I take it that's a no thanks then :)

Bumpity.

[quote name='dogload' post='1253485' date='Jun 2 2011, 08:31 AM']I take it that's a no thanks then :)

Bumpity.[/quote]

Still pondering! I'm watching from a distance at the moment (I'm moving in to a new house so I'm on a strict- non-existent- budget at the minute), deliberating what to get rid of so that I can have a go on this thing! If it goes it goes, and that'd be my fault for taking too long, but I'll let you know as soon as I can.

Jack

[quote name='jackduran' post='1253517' date='Jun 2 2011, 09:03 AM']Still pondering! I'm watching from a distance at the moment (I'm moving in to a new house so I'm on a strict- non-existent- budget at the minute), deliberating what to get rid of so that I can have a go on this thing! If it goes it goes, and that'd be my fault for taking too long, but I'll let you know as soon as I can.

Jack[/quote]

My sympathies... house moving is such a treat!
No worries mate. I keep forgetting irony doesn't translate well in text.

[quote name='dogload' post='1253538' date='Jun 2 2011, 09:22 AM']My sympathies... house moving is such a treat!
No worries mate. I keep forgetting irony doesn't translate well in text.[/quote]

It's hard to argue with the price you're asking for the pedal. If someone picks it up before I do then good on them! If it doesn't sell I'll be lurking so just drop me a line on here (not that I won't be dropping in every now and again anyway!).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...