Why become a member? ×

Ashdown Classic Neo Cab Connections

citymariner

[quote name='phatbass787' post='1233763' date='May 16 2011, 10:31 PM']Speakon and jack, great cabs good gas! what config you gone for?[/quote]

Moved from my mag 300 210t + mag 115 to the Klystron 500 head and 210 + 115 neo cabs.

Took advantage of the Andertons deal - I had fancied the evo3 for a while and was actually in the process of purchasing when I saw the deal for £999.

I've sold tons of stuff recently (pedals a barely use etc and the mag cabs) and self funded it!

Love the retro head look.

[quote name='citymariner' post='1238566' date='May 20 2011, 06:56 PM']Moved from my mag 300 210t + mag 115 to the Klystron 500 head and 210 + 115 neo cabs.

Took advantage of the Andertons deal - I had fancied the evo3 for a while and was actually in the process of purchasing when I saw the deal for £999.

I've sold tons of stuff recently (pedals a barely use etc and the mag cabs) and self funded it!

Love the retro head look.[/quote]

Love to hear your thoughts and how you get on with your new rig.

I have exactly the same and thoroughly enjoy it. I'm not tied up about how I sound as long as I have bite and a thump on stage and that's what I get. It's rock n roll ain't it!!

[quote name='citymariner' post='1238566' date='May 20 2011, 06:56 PM']Moved from my mag 300 210t + mag 115 to the Klystron 500 head and 210 + 115 neo cabs.

Love the retro head look.[/quote]

You like the new rig then?

[quote name='phatbass787' post='1241249' date='May 23 2011, 09:44 AM']You like the new rig then?[/quote]

HELL YES. It sounds mint!

One problem though.

I set it up at home to start to dial in my tone etc.

Packed up the head in the OEM box to transport to a gig (the same day I got it)

Setup at the gig (following all the precautions etc.)

Tuned up at the volumes I used at home

Turned the output from 8 o'clock to 10 o'clock

POP!

Still get an input signal, the line out still works (as I tried into another amp)
Cabs are fine (thank god)

Ran home and got another rig (luckily I was playing in the same town)

I reckon the fuse has gone on the output side. 1p part letting the side down.

I'm not going in to fix it so I've rang where I got the rig from and they have sent one out already by courier ready for tomorrow.
Gonna try it out at a range of volumes (apologies to Lincoln in advance) before gigging on Friday again...

Pretty miffed and it has un-nerved me. I've had 3 Ashdown rigs before this one.

I've checked all my cables from power to speaker. Can't think it was them anyway.

Do you think I should get a flight case or just a padded case for the head to protect it?

Got a replacement today and it works fine in every configuration!

Trying out at all output levels was a bit tough on my sash windows and too much for the clock on my wall. I hope the same doesn't go for clocks as it does for mirrors!

WHOOP!

Guy from Ashdown has also been in touch regarding the issue and he'll get back to me with the results. I still want to know why it went pop!

I treated myself to one of these Anderton specials too!
Frigging awsome!!
Hey, did they send you the mini neo115h cab? They did me, rather than the bigger 115h neo, and i love it, and soooo light too!

Ordered a set of flightcases from flightcase uk. I'll keep you updated when i pick em up etc!

What a truly awsome rig though!

[quote name='citymariner' post='1243557' date='May 24 2011, 10:03 PM']Guy from Ashdown has also been in touch regarding the issue and he'll get back to me with the results. I still want to know why it went pop![/quote]

Keep us up to date with what they find please. :)

[quote name='justgone' post='1244394' date='May 25 2011, 03:44 PM']I treated myself to one of these Anderton specials too!
Frigging awsome!!
Hey, did they send you the mini neo115h cab? They did me, rather than the bigger 115h neo, and i love it, and soooo light too!

Ordered a set of flightcases from flightcase uk. I'll keep you updated when i pick em up etc!

What a truly awsome rig though![/quote]

They did send my the Compact Neo 115h. I rang up to complain that it wasn't what was advertised but like you i'm glad it's the cab it is. It is nice and light and punchy to the ear.

I'm considering a flightcase for the head and then padded covers the cabs. I don't want to add 50kgs to the overall weight of the rig in flight cases. I think the case for the head is 10kg adding a 1/4 of the weight but then again that needs to be well looked after!

How much did you get the flight cases for? Did you get a multi buy deal at all.

[quote name='Marky L' post='1244651' date='May 25 2011, 07:19 PM']Keep us up to date with what they find please. :)[/quote]

Will do matey.