Why become a member? ×

Early 90s Korean Squier Precision Bass SOLD

ash

[attachment=79868:IMGP2012.JPG]

This is an early 90s Squier Precision Bass from Korea - this is the series with the glossy amber tinted neck finish and the Schaller licensed tuners. The neck is great on this example, nice and flat with a medium width at the nut. The bass sounds like a typical P bass (pots are scratchy), no surprises! The body has been refinished satin black at some point - it isn't such a bad job. Mint green scratchplate. There are a few dings and the body looks like it has had some filler on the back where the ribcage contour is, this has been covered by the refinish but you can still see some marks. Recently restrung and comes with a gigbag. I'm looking for 140 Gbp. Not bad for an older P bass with character.

[attachment=79867:IMGP2013.JPG]

[attachment=79869:IMGP2014.JPG]

Edited by ash

[quote name='ash' post='1230901' date='May 14 2011, 01:02 PM'][attachment=79868:IMGP2012.JPG]

This is an early 90s Squier Precision Bass from Korea - this is the series with the glossy amber tinted neck finish and the Schaller licensed tuners. The neck is great on this example, nice and flat with a medium width at the nut. The bass sounds like a typical P bass (pots are scratchy), no surprises! The body has been refinished satin black at some point - it isn't such a bad job. Mint green scratchplate. There are a few dings and the body looks like it has had some filler on the back where the ribcage contour is, this has been covered by the refinish but you can still see some marks. Recently restrung and comes with a gigbag. I'm looking for 150 Gbp. Not bad for an older P bass with character.

[attachment=79867:IMGP2013.JPG]

[attachment=79869:IMGP2014.JPG][/quote]

Any interest?

The serial number suggest a Samick built 91.
That`s a nice 20 year old bass.
Also, the Samicks have a rep for nice build and good pickups.
If I hadn`t spent £100 on bass bits in the last two days, I`d have it.
Bump up for a nice Squier P

[quote name='Monckyman' post='1231578' date='May 15 2011, 05:06 AM']The serial number suggest a Samick built 91.
That`s a nice 20 year old bass.
Also, the Samicks have a rep for nice build and good pickups.
If I hadn`t spent £100 on bass bits in the last two days, I`d have it.
Bump up for a nice Squier P[/quote]
Yep its a nice bass open to offers!

[quote name='ash' post='1231921' date='May 15 2011, 01:23 PM']Yep its a nice bass open to offers![/quote]
140 and its yours or near offer, great bass for little money