Why become a member? ×

Mesa/Boogie rig FS/FT - 1x18 left only

Steff

Hi there,

I've decided to move on and get a bit lighter rig, since I am gigging 2-5 times a week, my current one's weight started becoming an issue.
What I have for sale/trade is:

1. Mesa/Boogie Bass400+ - you all know the one, it's a true classic. 300 watts of valve power, 4 preamp valves, 12 output valves. My one has been serviced by Mike Hill last December, fully revalved with Electro Harmonix (3) and a NOS Phillips (1) in the preamp, and 12x 5881WXT Sovtecs. It's in a great shape, no issues, looks mint except for the 4 chips at the front made by the previous rack case I was using - you can see those on the photos. Nice and clean on the inside.
Asking price for that one would be SOLD. Would not post - have some bad experience with posting lately, and the postage for that one wouldn't be cheap. I am happy to drive half way or even all the way for the cost of the petrol. Otherwise - collected from West London.

2. Mesa/Boogie 2x10 powerhouse, 600W at 8 oHm. It's been gigged well, has a few dents on it, nothing major though, otherwise in a great shape. Can provide detailed photos of the dents upon request. Price is £350/offers - SOLD!. Would trade for a similar value (+ - £50, £100 - show me what you've got) 2x10, 4x10 or 2x12 cab, preferably EBS proline series.

3. Mesa/Boogie 1x18 cab , 400W at 8 oHm. A truly amazing cab, full range (I guess it plays something like 40hz to 2kHz, not really sure), this is not a sub cabinet. That one's got a bit more dents on it but again, it's only on the leather covering it, nothing major. In a great playing state. Price £350/offers. Would trade for a 1x15, 2x12, 4x10, again preferably an EBS Proline, but do not hesitate to pm' me what you've got for trade.

I am based in London, you are welcome to contact me and come to a gig and hear how does it sounds.
[attachment=79802:DSC00533.JPG] [attachment=79801:Picture_006.jpg] [attachment=79798:Picture_001.jpg] [attachment=79799:Picture_002.jpg] [attachment=79800:Picture_005.jpg]

Edit: Would accept trade offers for the amp too. Definitely not a Markbass/TC/Genz guy, and it has to be 300W and more if valve, 500 and more if transistor/mosfet.
The head doesn't come with the rack case, unless you have a 4U rack case to go my way.

ALL SOLD!

Edited by Steff

Weekend bump!

Open to trade options. Can include my immaculate EBS TD650 in the trade, if someone's got an amp he wants to trade, I love the head, but I am keen on trying something different. Try me!

[quote name='Beedster' post='1268042' date='Jun 13 2011, 10:43 PM']Where in London are you Steff?

C

PS some great playing in those links mate[/quote]

Thanks mate :)

I am based in Acton, West London, just between A40 and M4.

[quote name='Steff' post='1268767' date='Jun 14 2011, 03:37 PM']Thanks mate :)

I am based in Acton, West London, just between A40 and M4.[/quote]

I would love to have it off you Steff but there's no way that at present I'd be able to get up there. If you're ever near Canterbury, let me know

C

[quote name='Beedster' post='1272875' date='Jun 17 2011, 03:59 PM']I would love to have it off you Steff but there's no way that at present I'd be able to get up there. If you're ever near Canterbury, let me know

C[/quote]

If you are really up for it, I can deliver it to you if we split the petrol mate. Acton to Canterbury is about 100miles via M25/M2, + 100 back.

[quote name='Steff' post='1272906' date='Jun 17 2011, 04:19 PM']If you are really up for it, I can deliver it to you if we split the petrol mate. Acton to Canterbury is about 100miles via M25/M2, + 100 back.[/quote]

Thanks very much Steff, that's a great offer. If it's OK with you, I'll get back to you by the end of the week. I would likely be able to meet you half way (e.g., Clackett Lane services on M25). My major problem until some other stuff shifts is simply where I'd put it, my gear cupboard is somewhat busy! Please don't hold it for me as I'd hate you to miss a sale and I then do a bunk also, but I'd say there'a a more than 50% chance I'll go for it

Cheers

Chris

[quote name='Steff' post='1276161' date='Jun 20 2011, 06:09 PM']No worries dude, just let me know :).[/quote]

I'll know for sure Wednesday Steff, hope you still have it by then

Thanks for your patience

Chris

hmmm tempting. :)

Any idea how much the 1x18 weighs? I see the 2x10s are 31Kgs if that helps, cant find any specs for the big un....

P.s If Mr Beedster doesn't buy it, give me a PM about the 2x10 i could be keen....

Thanks
Tom

I don't think the 18' weights much more than the 2x10, I always load it in the trunk my car by myself, and carry it at short distance whenever wheeling isn't possible. Will try to measure it :).