Why become a member? ×

Just recorded a track, what do you think?

shiekaa

Hey all just recorded a track with my band Silhouettes -

[url="http://soundcloud.com/silhouettesuk/artificial-horizons"]http://soundcloud.com/silhouettesuk/artificial-horizons[/url] The track is Artificial Horizons

The bass is a dingwall afterburner II DI'd through a sansamp if you are wondering!

Feedback would be great on mastering effects and etc!

If you like it I would be forever grateful if you liked us on facebook - www.facebook.com/silhouettesuk

Thanks all!

Sam :)

Edited by Bilbo

You don't appear to have synced the timing of the delay effect with the tempo of the track. Consequently it sounds lovely on its own but as soon as the rest of the instruments join in you end up with a bit of a muddle.

I'd be inclined to drop the delay for all but the intermissions, where it is going to be the most noticeable and (excuse the pun) effective.

If the waveform is anything to go by you have over compressed the whole thing. I'd like to hear a bit more punch from the bass and kick drum and you are only going to get that if the overall volume comes down a little.

Aside from that I really enjoyed it. Looking forward to seeing how it evolves.

Noted, I guess we just thought the delay over most of it would give a sort of added layer to the effect of the whole thing.

I'll take note of that though and the compressing for when we properly record it as its just a demo attempt at the moment!

Thanks for the feedback dude!

You are right that the delay would give an added layer but as it is it seems to be fighting against the rhythm of the track, instead of working with it.

Also, because the rest of the track is so full on there is no room for the delay to breath. If you brought down the overall levels, pan the instrument left and the delay right then it would have its own space to exist in.