Why become a member? ×

EHX Bass Blogger

Tombassjds4b

So I bought an EHX bass blogger to replace the modded Double Muff i've been using, and i'm seriously loving the different fuzz/overdrive sounds you can get with it. Seen some reviews kicking around and it seems not everyone loves it (infact most reviews are quite negative), anyone want to share thier experiences with the 'blogger???

P.S, i'm new here *hides*

I've had mine since Christmas and I love it. A lot of the reviews I read said the Bass Big Muff is better, but I found it "fizzy" especially with a P-bass. The Blogger fuzz is meatier to my ears. Drive mode helps get back some of the crunch I get from my Ashdown when I'm DI'ed through a PA.

I ended up with a sansamp vt bass, then got rid of that for the deluxe model because I liked it so much. But that's 230 quid not 50 lol and I was using the blogger a hell of a lot before that. What I was looking for was a pedal that could do very low drive and found that the sansamp could do low drive and full on overdrive really well so it ended up replacing a couple of pedals on my board.

The portaflex heads don't give you any kind of overdriven sound though theyve got a very nice clean solid-state sound which has left me still wanting a vt bass. is the bass blogger comparible to a vt bass then or are they two different beasts?

[quote name='dumelow' post='1224779' date='May 9 2011, 08:51 AM']The portaflex heads don't give you any kind of overdriven sound though theyve got a very nice clean solid-state sound which has left me still wanting a vt bass. is the bass blogger comparible to a vt bass then or are they two different beasts?[/quote]

They are very different, the VT is more of a preamp/DI box with added Fuzz, designed to give you Ampeg SVT style sounds, whilst the Blogger is a combined Fuzz/Overdrive pedal.

They couldn't be more different. The vt bass will go from crunch to overdrive to a clean eq/boost. The blogger is more of a distortion than a fuzz and the overdrive isn't proper overdrive either really was more like crackly noise that seemed pointless. The distortion/fuzz was useful though!

Edited by willyf87