Why become a member? ×

Just found this one...

bassninja

A solo bass/vocal version of 'Summertime' I did a couple of years ago for a lady singer friend for her first solo album. Just listened to it for the first time since we put it down.

My NT Thumb V direct, IIRC. Pleasantly surprised, if a bit 'verby at the start.

Not exposed myself to fellow bassplayers/colleagues/comrades like this before (..!)

[attachment=79306:summertime__final_.mp3]

[quote name='bassninja' post='1223634' date='May 7 2011, 08:20 PM']A solo bass/vocal version of 'Summertime' I did a couple of years ago for a lady singer friend for her first solo album. Just listened to it for the first time since we put it down.

My NT Thumb V direct, IIRC. Pleasantly surprised, if a bit 'verby at the start.

Not exposed myself to fellow bassplayers/colleagues/comrades like this before (..!)

[attachment=79306:summertime__final_.mp3][/quote]

Really nice, loved it. Great playing and that lady singer has a rich smooth voice.

Expose yourself some more, I'd listen to it.

Oggy :)

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Oggy' post='1223995' date='May 8 2011, 11:33 AM']Really nice, loved it. Great playing and that lady singer has a rich smooth voice.

Expose yourself some more, I'd listen to it.

Oggy :)[/quote]
Thanks, Og. I appreciate it and I'll feed back to the gal in question when I see her.

Really nice... the singer is superb and I like your accompaniment: subtle, skillful and not too 'showy'. Just right in my opinion! (this coming from a rookie, btw).

I'd maybe have the bass slightly higher in the mix, but that's generally my default response to any form of music, even bass solos :)

In all, great work.